Thursday, February 15, 2007

screw the angels.. everybody wants to wear my red shoes

What? I don't know. I have been kind of crazy lately, and I may still seem a little crazy externally, but I really am totally in the zone (obligatory Sports Night reference). Seriously, I am so on top of things right now (except car insurance, gas & cell phone bills- I have the money, I just haven't paid them yet). I feel invincible. I know I'm not, logically, but red boots make you want to dance like no one's looking and make sure everyone is.

I have been very conscious of myself lately. I don't think self-conscious is the right term though, because I don't feel shy or reserved or unconfident. I do feel a little false, but I'm working on that. If YOU build yourself a persona, it's still you, right? So I've been persona building. I've been going through old journals, throwing our clothes I'll never wear, buying red boots and corsets, and wearing makeup. That's right- makeup. Unilateral rejection'll do that to a girl. So will February. I've been kicking ass and taking names at work. I am organized, efficient, productive, in charge, and making it look good. Jekyll and Hyde've got nothing on me. Seriously, I can't say I don't recognize the crazy girl that's been writing in my journal for the last two weeks, but I sure don't feel like her right now. I've worked her in- I think there's some value to spontaneity and impulsiveness. And it feels damn good being me right now. I feel really lucky to say that. Now I just have to clean my room. Not just... there's a pretty long to do list, but I'm on top of it. I am in the zone.