Monday, February 12, 2007

hmmm...

I just realized that I have done no laundry or grocery shopping since the beginning of the year. Nor have I cleaned my room. I have only used my stove about twice, and I don't think I've used the oven at all, or watched TV. Reason being? This is the first day I have actually been in my house for more than just sleeping or showering since new years day. I have had every weekend this year booked straight through, and have been working on my days off. I had to force myself back to sleep about 4 times this morning because I was so anxious about filling the day. Not that I don't have things to do, mind you- laundry, groceries (because i have been spending way too much money on food), schoolwork. I was planning on going to the BU or Emerson bookstore to see if they have this book I need for my first essay. Also, yoga, the gym, the library. I have lots of options. But I don't want to leave my bed at all. And I'm trying really hard to allow myself to not feel guilty for taking ONE day off from running around like a crazy person. But I haven't even gotten all the books I need out of my car yet from last weekend, and my room has not been cleaned since right after Christmas.

However, I have kind of been taking comfort in my life as a vagabond. Had a great time in NY this weekend. I'm really glad I saw Jon's play (well the second one). It was the first play Aaron Sorkin ever had produced, and it was kind of cool to see his early work. And if there's anyone more obsessed with Sorkin than me, it's Jon. Also, the house music was Jay-Z and Ashlee Simpson. All in all, good stuff. Sleeping in unfamilar places, i.e.- bus, Jon's room, make for interesting dreams. I mean, I don't know that I ever got to REM this weekend, and I was having these weird alternate universe dreams. I don't remember any of them, but I know that I was just kind of hanging out in between. It was kind of cool. Sometimes I don't understand why people bother with drugs. Your brain has so much potential to mess with you before substances even enter the picture. Also, I bought a really cute corset top and a really cute vintage t that says "i left my heart in ny." thought it might be a cute V-day top. AND I went to my favorite Chinatown bakery (to which Jon replied "you have a favorite Chinatown bakery? YES) and had TWO yes TWO coconut rolls for breakfast yesterday. Hmmm... food, right. Jury is still out on whether I will actually leave the house before the afternoon, but I do only have peanut butter, and if I go to the BU bookstore, I could stop at TJ's in Copley to do shopping on the way back... and the Library I suppose. However if I had in that green line direction, I'll be tempted to call someone that I'd like to talk to and it's probably best that I don't. Maybe I'll just go back to sleep.

No comments: