Friday, September 15, 2006

tomorrow sometimes (title by dina :) )

On a clear day you
can see the place where the
ocean and the sky meet, seamless
and blend into one another
barely discernible in shades of
cobalt and gunmetal
and I guess that kind of looks like
tomorrow sometimes

But for me,
tomorrow just looks like
the same laundry list
as the day before:
4 papers
2 grants
1 empty checkbook
3 missed calls
5 unreturned messages
1 getting to Field’s Corner
right as the train crosses
the bridge toward Savin Hill
and 2 cigarettes
while I wait for the
next one.

Tomorrow is crumpled
in the wastebasket

All i want to see is
right now
this bed
and what we can do with it
I want to see my eyes reflected
in yours looking into mine
I want to see our fingers
intertwined
like an elaborate basket

I want to see the
back of my eyelids as I
drift
off
into that
sweet space
between your shoulder
and your collarbone
and today and tomorrow
where lifetimes can be lived
in eight hours
and nobody waits for the T

No comments: