Tuesday, September 12, 2006

the heart is a muscle

I could never love a poet
Now, please don't take that as rejection
It's a challenge

You see
I have
lost my footing from a well
executed
"What did I do to deserve you?"

And I've swooned over
a convincing rendition of
"Baby, you are so beautiful."

I have even
had my heart "skip" a beat
from a simple question like
"Why aren't the other girls more
like you?"

Screw the skip
and the pitter patter
I think that your sentiment
laced with a simile
or a metaphor
might make
the machines
flatline

And I'm sure you could
revive me with your
rhythm and rhyme-
your flow could teach
my blood
And have my heart
dependent on the
breakbeats
that lay the canvas
for your paint

Now that's a serious
responsibility
so if you're not ready
think
before you spit your clever line
and save your poetry
for a girl with a stronger heart

No comments: