Thursday, September 14, 2006

single serving boyfriend

I don't have one night stands
I have single serving
boyfriends

Like Ed Norton and Brad Pitt
except none of them have
been quite that
fetching

don't get me wrong
I don't lower my
standards
just because I know
they won't call
tomorrow

and this isn't
an
assumption
on my part
I am not making
an ass out of u
it's just me
because I let it
happen
again
and
again
and again

this one just
like
the
one
before....
out the door
as soon as they've
come to the
revelation
that they somehow
needed me
to get to

i don't know how
i became
"that girl"
but I'm sick of
being called
fantastic or
cultured or
different
or whatever the fuck
you think the prescription
is for your ailment
I am not penicillin
and I'm not a fucking
novelty
I'm sick of your soul
searching
and I ain't got shit
to show for it

this isn't your movie
stop playing
zach braff
he's not even that good at it
i am not natalie portman
or kirsten dunst
and I sure as hell
won't cry
if you get on that plane
we don't know each
other that well

if you're thinking
that we might have a
fun weekend
think about what happens
to me
on
monday.

No comments: